The brief history of Barangay Taguite
In 1920, before the world war II, the settlers of Taguite were the Subanen tribe. They were headed by their Timoay named Apo Taguit and wife Etta. Near apo Taguit’s house was a spring which water supplies the residents of the place. Its rivulet connects the Malubog river. The spring survive even during EL Niño and still existing right now. Sometimes in 1935, there were group of Cebuanos from Selonga, Cebu who came to Taguite. It was led by Severino Fernandez who became the first Tenyente Del Baryo in 1936-1949. When the said group asked the Subanen children what was the name of the place. The usual answer was Taguite or Taguita. Taguita is derived from Apo Taguit while Taguita is from Apo’s wife name.
During the time of Severino Fernandez, the group bought hectares of lands, cultivated and planted it with corn, rice, coconut, fruit tress and others crops. That was also the time when Taguite became a barrio under Mayor Epifanio Flores and when he was replace by Mayor Dodo Lapar, Taguite primary school was opened. A building was constructed through pahina and the first teacher was Mr. Constancio Penoňal. It was the family of Fernandez who brought in the image of Sr. Sta. Cruz which annual feast is May. However, people of Taguite changed it to October. The reason behind is that May is a scare month while October is harvest time.
|CARDENAS, REUBEN BAGABOYBOY||Punong Barangay|
|ALBURO, EDGARDO PALMERO SR.||Barangay Kagawad|
|MACAPEPE, FELOMINA ALBOROTO||Barangay Kagawad|
|LATA, SUSAN MORANTE||Barangay Kagawad|
|SINGGIT, MAMERTO FERNANDEZ||Barangay Kagawad|
|ANIB, GRACE SARTE||Barangay Kagawad|
|EDULLANTES, TEODORA ROMERO||Barangay Kagawad|
|ODCHIGUE, JOSEPH RAMOS||Barangay Kagawad|
|GOMEZ, JANE FERNANDEZ||SK Chairman|
|LAMPERA, ROSARIO VILLAFUERTE||Barangay Secretay|
|RAMOS, ESTRELLA PALMERO||Barangay Treasurer|
|Barangay Hall Address||Brgy. Taguite, Tangub City|