Brief History of Barangay Garang
In the early time Garang was a thick forest, a marshy place, and a coastal area. It was just a sitio of barangay Labuyo when the municipality of Regidor now Tangub City was created on December 4, 1929, through executive Order no. 220, duly signed by Governor General Dwight F. Davis. Barangay Labuyo that time was managed by Benito Roa.
In the turn of events, many pioneering people from the Visayas like Cebu, Bohol, Siquijor and the neighboring provinces ventured and settled in sitio Garang. With the daring adventurous spirit of the early settlers, and with the strong support of then Mayor Alfonso D. Tan sitio Garang became an independent barangay in 1960. Enrique Rama was the first Teñente del barrio. However, it should be mentioned, that Jose Cabigas, who donated the school site of Garang Elementary School, served as the Teñente del barrio while Garang was yet a sitio of barangay Labuyo.
|FERNANDEZ, EDUARDO TEJIRO||Punong Barangay|
|FERNANDEZ, ROSALINA BALDOZA||Barangay Kagawad|
|MIRONTOS, GEHEL ESPINOSA||Barangay Kagawad|
|PALMA, WILLIE TAMAYO||Barangay Kagawad|
|TECSON, EUSEBIO TORILLO JR.||Barangay Kagawad|
|TRONIADO, CRESENCIA MIRONTOS||Barangay Kagawad|
|OCHARON, CANDIDO PERALTA||Barangay Kagawad|
|MIRONTOS, BERNADITA ENTE||Barangay Kagawad|
|CAÑAS, CARL DEXTER PELARE||SK Chairman|
|VERANO, JOE ANN TRAZONA||Barangay Secretay|
|ACAIN, SHIRLITA CAÑAS||Barangay Treasurer|
|Barangay Hall Address|