Historical profile of BArangay Villaba
Many years ago, a group of Subanens lived in the area which is presently called Villaba. The Subanen leader was named “Timoay’’. He had a daughter named ‘’Villa’’ whom he arranged to be married to the son of his assistant named ‘’Aba’’. Accordingly, Barangay Villaba got its name from the combination of the names of Villa and Aba.
Years after the Subanens settled in the place named Villaba, large number of people from Visayas particularly Cebu and Bohol came to Tangub. Some proceeded to the quiet sitio of Villaba. They even invited their relatives back in Cebu and in Bohol to follow them. The fertility of the soil, the abundance of food supply and the favourable climate motivated them to stay and engage in farming.
Though they had different culture, the natives and the new migrants lived peacefully and quietly. However, the natives began to move to the mountainous areas leaving the Christians who started to rule in the area.
Creation of a Barangay
Together wuth the sitios of Sta. Cruz, Manga, Baga (now Sta. Maria), Capalaran, Taguite, Paiton and Simasay, Villaba was formed into a rectangular Barangay upon the recommendation of the Provincial Board of Misamis Occidental in 1931 specifically on April 8, 1931 by virtue of Republic Act 3861 (source: Maming Sarocam).
|GULAHAB, WILMAR CUASITO||Punong Barangay|
|SEVILLE, ALLAN DIOCENA||Barangay Kagawad|
|CUASITO, AGUSTIN SUANER||Barangay Kagawad|
|MARANGA, JENELINE TORTOGO||Barangay Kagawad|
|TAGA-AN, DYNA REPE||Barangay Kagawad|
|CUASITO, LILIBETH DANIEL||Barangay Kagawad|
|SOLATORIO, ARNOLD ALAYA-AY||Barangay Kagawad|
|ACUÑA, ALICIA SEDENIO||Barangay Kagawad|
|TORTOGO, JUDIE BAGARES||SK Chairman|
|CUASITO, SOSELISSA ABADIES||Barangay Secretay|
|TUASTUMBAN, ELIZABETH BATLAG||Barangay Treasurer|
|Barangay Hall Address|